Materials are used to create different kinds of surfaces on existing 3D models. For example you might have a shoe where you want a customer to choose between different kinds of leathers and have this update on the model.
Hatched Leather -
Alligator Leather -
- Simulate Materials
- Product finishes
Give customers choice over materials or textures you have available and let them see an accurate representation of this on the 3D model.
Complexity = Advanced
- Material - Select from the following material finishes for your tote bag (cotton, velvet, snakeskin, etc)?
- Finish - What finish are you after (gloss, matt, satin)?
- Texture - What type of legs do you want for your table (wood, metal, synthetic etc)?
How to Create
- Click on 'Add Material' Step within a workflow.
- Add your Title (E.g. Tote Bag Material)
- Add your Help Text (E.g. Choose the Material you would like for your bag)
- Add your option by either selecting a pre-made option or create a new one by clicking add variant (Velvet, Cotton, Snakeskin).
- Save Step
Important note: In the option you create for a material you need to set a texture file for each variant. A texture file (normal map) is a PNG image which is blueish purple in colour. It is an RGB representation of the texture which we can use to simulate a material or finish. More on Normal Maps.
This step could be part of the standard workflow available to all or it could be linked as a conditional step by clicking the conditional button at the bottom of the step setting it to only appear when a particular variant in a previous step is selected.
Customization or Personalization?
The Material step is a customization. A customer chooses a texture and the merchant would usually pick, configure and pack the item for consumer. No printing is required for this step.